Psalm 34: 1-4
- I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
- My soul shall make its boast in the Lord; The humble shall hear of it and be glad
- Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And l;et us exalt His name together
- I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears.
- Giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Where: 7th Day Adventist Church 3441 Gibbons Road, Duncan
When: Sunday Feb 20th , 2022
- 10:00 am Breaking of Bread
- 11:00 am Family Bible Hour
- Feb 20th Clayton Dougan
- Feb 27th Dale Stewart
- Anne Suais:Is now home and feeling better. No further answers yet as to the cause of her back pain, other than deteriorating discs and osteoporosis. Tests were done in Victoria but nothing final yet. Anne is happy to receive phone calls, her number is 250-710-7386
- Frank Timmermans: Both doing quite well just waiting to hear about an appointment in Vancouver to check on the seriousness of the spot on the esophagus and the procedure to follow.
- Elinor Bell: Doing quite well. Went out for lunch today with a friend and hopes to be given the green light to drive in a couple of weeks.
- Terry and Lois Ryan: doing good. Lois had her cataract surgery and is waiting to visit the doctor and the vision to clear.
- John Stegeman: Nothing new to report on.
- Spoke to a number of other chapel family members who all advised they were doing fine.
Update On Chapel
Monday saw two contractors visit the chapel to see the facility and with the plans put together bid to do the work. The insurance company requires 3 bids so we are waiting for another contractor to visit the facility and place a bid to do the work. The second furnace has been checked and deemed to be operable but as of now it has no power so will not be used until the electrical component of the repairs is done. Have spoke to a metal work company to have the duct work checked, cleaned and reconfigured but that work is available no sooner than 3 months from now. All contractors are very, very busy.
Chairs: We have received another sample of chairs for the fellowship hall. They are of a lesser size and design and have a price tag of $49.00 per chair. The material in the seat and back is identical with the sanctuary chairs so can be used for additional seating should that be needed, for a larger than usual gathering. The sample chair will be at our service on Sunday for you to check out.
In addition 4 of us went to the chapel and washed down all the tables that we use in the fellowship hall. One of our tables was lost in the fire but we still have five of the heavy wooden ones and 4 of the lighter plastic ones. There is still cleaning needed on a number of wooden pieces of furniture, which can be done another day.
The restoration company that put in place the construction fencing to help protect our building has ended paying for the fencing. We will now pay for it and bill the insurance company for ongoing protection of our facility.
God’s Richest blessing on you all. Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday.Jack Peake