Musings on God’s Word
Here we are, back from our ocean cruise, well maybe not ocean, but the Alberni Inlet. Had a lovely day travelling from Port Alberni to Bamfield and back. We travelled with a couple we’ve been on many trips with. Met new friends and also ended up spending time with David and Diane Rae from Elim Chapel, Courtenay. Somehow we had not noticed each other till part way through the trip. David was celebrating his 72nd birthday.
Let’s take a minute though, to talk about our friends we made the trip with. These are unsaved people, who like many of you, have been in our lives for a number of years. They attended our March 19th special celebration service, stayed for lunch and got to meet some of you folks. During our time on the boat we were able to share for over an hour and answer questions about salvation. We have shared with these folks over the last few years and they are now posing questions without us bringing up the subject. Their questions about salvation and Christianity were open and honest and they listened carefully and took time to read some scripture. Their interest has grown and they are now beginning to understand Christianity to some degree. Finally though, the comment was “it all seems so easy”. Yes Salvation appears to be easy,
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
On the other hand, living the Christian life take’s determination and strength along with faith and prayer as well as attending church, prayer meetings and bible studies, and allowing God to have dominion over our lives in order to grow in our faith. Our life as Christians is not a “bed of Roses” but the end result is home in Heaven with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Please pray for these two friends that their understanding of the message of Salvation will become clearer and clearer.
We trust that each of you have those you are witnessing to and are making every effort to help them understand Salvation and spend eternity in Heaven. Faith and trust in our Lord Jesus is the key along with making our Christian faith our priority in life.
Three things that matter! Faith, Family and Friends.
- Without Faith we have nothing.
- Family is what gives us strength and keeps us on the right track and
- Friends are those around us who keep us grounded and give life some additional meaning. Friends are also a field of harvest for the Lord since they are not always Born Again.
Thanks for listening. God’s blessing on you all and remember.
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
- Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.
- In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths.
When: Sunday Apr 23, 2023
09:00 am Breaking of Bread
10:15 am Fellowship Time
11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Mike Millard
- Work all complete, signed off on and final bill for some extra work was received and paid today Wednesday.
- The contractor has given us a 2 year warranty on the work.
Looking forward to seeing as many as are able to attend our services and luncheon this Sunday
God Bless you all.JACK PEAKE