Musings on God’s Word
A friend shared a copy of an advertisement from a magazine called the National Home Monthly from June, 1934. The ad was on behalf of the Royal Bank of Canada. What struck me was the wording of the ad, and I quote “BUILT TO BE STRONG The great building rises stone by stone, adding strength to strength from the solid rock on which it stands. The Royal Bank has progressed year by year. Its established position among the world’s great banks is based upon a proven stability.”
I was struck by a couple of claims, the initial one being the solid rock on which it stands. Was this a quote from the Bible? I don’t know but it sure sounds like it. The only solid rock with proven strength is Jesus Christ our Saviour.
- The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer: my God, my strength, in whom I will trust: my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
We all know that banks fail, governments fall, relationships break apart, buildings collapse along with all kinds of disappointments in life. God never fails, our trust in him is secure and we can depend on the Lord our Saviour no matter what else happens. Even the most difficult things in life can be handled if we just give them over to God.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
Again we see that the security and strength is in the hands of our Lord and Saviour. We can only trust in His faithfulness. We can only depend on his strength and we can always depend on His promises. Man has far too often placed faith and confidence in a man or in an organization only to see it fail or collapse completely. The Bank may have compared itself to the solid rock on which a building was being built. We know, however, that there is nothing secure in this world except the Lord, Jesus Christ and His Salvation. Yes, I know we have to deal with humans and human organizations but in the end, our only surety is Christ Jesus and nothing else or person.
Matthew 7: 24-27
- Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock
- And the rain descended, and floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
- And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not shall be likened unto a foolish man which built his house upon the sand.
- And the rain descended and the floods came and the winds blew, and beat upon that house and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Jesus made it so clear that our complete faith and trust can only be in the Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing else can even come close to our security in Christ. He is our Rock and our Salvation.
2nd Samuel 22:2
- And he said, The Lord is my rock and my fortress, and my deliverer.
Praise God ‘It is so”
When: Sunday July 9, 2023
09:00 am Breaking of Bread
10:15 am Fellowship Time
11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Mike Millard
Sermon title: “You Can Break God’s Heart, But You Can’t Break His love.”
Bible Ref: Hosea 3 & Romans 5:8
God’s richest blessing on you allJACK PEAKE