Musings on God’s Word
Have you ever wondered whether God was opening a door or if something was just your own good idea. I have but on the other hand God has directed mine and my family’s paths many times in our lives. I certainly believe that there are ideas and plans that we may think are good or even the Devil puts in our minds to distract us from God’s will. Though the opportunity may look “good on paper,” it is simply not meant for you at this moment in your life. I’m sure all of us have followed paths we later thought were a big mistake and also missed opportunities because we weren’t paying attention to the voice of God to lead us along life’s way. It is important to have the discernment to know which path to take so we can make the most of our time here on Earth while following God’s will for our lives. Our choices will have a direct effect on our lives and the lives of generations to come. Walking through the right doors at the right time is serious business and shouldn’t be taken lightly, but rather with prayer and wisdom. What are the signs to watch? Is our decision made in line with scripture? Have we prayed about it and sought God’s will in our lives? Have we sought wise earthly council? Are you discomforted in your current situation? There are also times in our lives when we are not even aware of God’s leading which is often part of a God centered life. Here are a couple of scriptures that should be of help in these situations.
Proverbs 3:5 – 6
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
- In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
When it comes to making decisions we often aren’t willing to talk to someone that could give us good advice. The scripture, however, tells us that this is a good idea.
- Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.
So navigating through life requires due diligence, prayer and good counsel.
- Let us fix our eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith.
This formula is foolproof. Stick with it and God will see you through the decision process to an insightful decision.
When: Sunday Jan 29, 2022
10:00 am Breaking of Bread
10:15 am Fellowship Time
11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Clayton Dougan
Note: Mark asks us to read Mark 5 at least 3 time
Scripture: 1 Peter 3: 13-22
Message: “Godly Living is not without cost”
When: Feb 16th, 11:30am
Where: 321 Brae Road Duncan BC
When: March 19th 11:00am
- This will be a time of fellowship, food and faith building
- We have 5 salads signed up for and 4 desserts with a total of 22 now listed as coming.
- There are some who haven’t put their names down on the list yet.
- Please do so, so we have a good idea of how many will be in attendance.
- If you are unable to sign the sheet but hope to come please email or phone me and advise how many of you will be at the keenagers event.
David Rae will be our speaker.
Service of Celebration
When: March 19th, 2023
Where: 321 Brae Road Duncan BC
- This will be a service to Praise God for our refurbished building and to challenge us as to moving forward and using this valuable asset for God’s service.
- Our speakers will be Mark Andrade, Mike Millard, Chet McArthur and Dale Stewart.
- There will be guests from the contracting crew and others as well
- The service will be about an hour and a half long and will be followed by a finger food luncheon, Sandwiches, cold plates of veggies, meat and other finger foods.
- We invite all who are interested to come. If you don’t attend on a regular basis please let me know if you will be coming.
See you all on SundayJACK PEAKE