I’ve been thinking about the last few years and how the events of the world and our fire have upset our routines. Covid kept us home for periods of time while our fire kept us out of our own chapel building and caused us to have to do things differently. I wondered what scripture tells us about change and how it affects us as Christians. We have seen changes in the world’s acceptance of behaviors that the Bible tells us are morally wrong. Having to stay home and away from people caused us to cancel in person services and depend on TV services or Zoom services which in both cases has the possibility of making it comfortable to stay home and enjoy watching services on our devices.
2 Timothy 4: 2 – 4 tells us to
- Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all long suffering and teaching.
- For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
- and they will turn their ears away from the truth and be turned aside to fables.”
We are seeing this happening all around us. The Christian message of Salvation is being shunned, ignored and spat upon. Therefore we need to stay strong and share the message of Salvation everywhere we are. How do we stay strong? We stay strong through prayer, scripture reading, study, and gathering ourselves together for worship. Through gathering together we bring support to each other, worship to the Lord, and receive strength to maintain our Faith.
In Hebrews 10 and beyond we are encouraged to Hold Fast to our confession. Encouragement and support from fellow Christians is the value of meeting together
- Hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
- And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,
- not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
We pray daily for the saints at Brae Road as well as other Christian Friends and family. Praying daily for our Missionaries and of course the unsaved.
Where: 7th Day Adventist Church 3441 Gibbons Rd, Duncan
When: Sunday July 9, 2022
- 10:00 am Breaking of Bread
- 11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Mike Mallard
Note: Remember to read Hebrews through a couple of times in preparation for Mark Andrade’s on July 17th and 24th.
- Everything is pointing towards our July 17th services being held back in our own building at 321 Brae Road. We will only have access to the Entry Foyer, Sanctuary, side room and the men’s washroom and the handicapped ladies washroom.
- Our times remain the same for the time being until we get access to our whole facility. We will look at the time for services after we occupy the whole building. Thanks for your patience.
- Carpeting is complete, baseboard installed, organ and piano in place ready to receive our seating probably by Tuesday July 12th
- The balance of the building is being worked on daily but still has a long ways to go.
- I am working on a financial statement which may be available by the 17th but for sure on the 24th.
God’s blessings on you all.JACK PEAKE