Musings on God’s Word
Once again it’s TIME for an update regarding Brae Road Chapel.
TIME is an interesting point of discussion. I’m sure many of you have heard some of the quips spoken over the years about time. “Time and Tide wait for no man”. “Time is of the essence”. “Take your time”. and “Time is free, but it’s priceless”. “Lost time is never found again”. Just to name a few. If you’re like me there have been moments in your life when you wished you could recapture times lost from making wrong decisions or no decision at all.
As Christians let’s see what scripture has to say about time and how we should treat time in our lives. God’s word advises us to use our time wisely because He knows that there are many things in life that can distract us from what truly matters. We must not waste time only to look back in regret.
- He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. John 9:4 ” I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work.
- A man’s heart plans his way But the Lord directs his steps”.
Planning is something we all do but let’s make sure we allow God’s plans to be our priority. We see by these and other scriptures that our time here on earth should be guided by the Lord. As Christians we need only seek His will in our lives. Our earthly existence is but a whisper in the course of time yet God has given us years to do his will. The Bible tells us we may have 3 score and ten (70) years. That is not a guarantee yet some of us have seen additional.
- My times are in Your hands.
- So teach us to number our days. That we may have a heart of wisdom.
There are those who have given their lives over to Mission work, Pastoral work, Evangelism. May we, as His children, be dedicated to sharing our message of Salvation with each and everyone we know. Our time is limited and as the sands in an hour glass flow through, we must use that time for Jesus.
- And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.
God Bless you all as you serve Him and make the best possible use of the time God has given each of us. God’s return feels close.
- But of that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
- Take heed, watch and pray for you do not know when the time is.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
- To everything there is a season. A time for every purpose under Heaven. to be born, to die, to plant and to reap and so on.
Read if for yourself. It is a good reminder of our limited time on earth and our responsibilities of what we do with our time. We have our marching orders, we cannot know the day of God’s return so our only work is to share the message, pray and serve God in the time He has given us.
When: Sunday May 7, 2023
09:00 am Breaking of Bread
10:15 am Fellowship Time
11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Mark Andrade
Note: 2nd offering this month is for the Duncan Christian School to help needy students.
- Building restoration complete.
- Looking at repairing and making the back parking lot better.
- The cost looks like it will be about $7500.00 +/-.
- Any questions ask Jack Peake 250-510-4299
God’s blessing on you all.JACK PEAKE