1 John 5:14
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
Where: 7th Day Adventist Church 3441 Gibbons Road, Duncan
When: Sunday Feb 6th , 2022
- 10:00 am Breaking of Bread
- 11:00 am Family Bible Hour
- Feb 06th Chet McArthur
- Feb 13th Mark Andrade depending on his obligations to his Brother David.
- Feb 20th Clayton Dougan
- Feb 27th Dale Stewart
- Our speakers are lined up to April 10th except for March 20th which I am working on and should be filled shortly.
Update On Chapel Fire Situation
The chimney in the kitchen has been removed that was covered in by walls before. Also the baptismal was under deconstruction today with the plans to place floor joists in over the baptismal in order to finish the floor. The last of the pews will be leaving on Saturday. The chairs have been ordered and another sample is on the way for less expensive chairs for the Fellowship hall. The Architect is preparing a 2nd set of plans encompassing the changes that we feel should be made during reconstruction. Some of the changes will create a financial break even situation as costly things not needing replacement means we can put in things that should be done. Hopefully the dollar value will even out. The padded, metal framed chairs that were in the sanctuary are being cleaned, aired and will be kept for use in other parts of the chapel facility.
Health and Prayers
- Allan’s parents, Sherilyn’s In-laws: will be moving today and tomorrow from their home to the “Hamlets” assisted living and extended living facility here in Duncan. Allan’s parents have struggled with this move partly due to the fact that John Vandine, Allan’s Dad has Alzheimer’s and is finding things more and more difficult. Allan’s Mother Georgie has also struggled with the move and today when things began to happen all her concerns and worries bubbled over making it difficult for family to deal with the logistics of the move. We received a text asking us to pray for the comfort of Mrs. Vandine through this major event in their lives. Praise the Lord, after Barb and I spent a few minutes praying for this problem we received another text within half an hour that Georgie, Allan’s mother, had calmed right down and things were proceeding in an orderly fashion. These folks are of Catholic persuasion and need our prayers to settle into the Hamlets easily and to be open to the sharing of the gospel according to the scriptures. Please pray for their eyes to be open to Christ’s love for them.
- Anne Suais: situation is not good. She is still suffering from the affects of Covid. Chest congestion, sore throat, weakness. They have her on strong pain medications to deal with the pain in her back but took her off blood thinners with the expectation she was going to Victoria. She is now back on the blood thinners. She was scheduled to go to Victoria today, Friday (Feb 4th) then Wednesday the 9th then the 11th. Now not sure. They want to do the Bone biopsy but the Victoria hospital is short of staff, much the same as Cowichan District Hospital so things are not operating too smoothly in any of the hospitals right now.
- Barb Trowbridge: Spoke to her on the phone today. Very cheery and upbeat. Barb is really enjoying having her daughter from Tacoma living with her. Things are quite good in Barbs life except for the ongoing problems associated with Diabetes etc. Her daughter is doing a lot of cleaning up and getting rid of stuff, much to Barb’s chagrin.
- Terry Ryan: Doing quite well, involved in chapel management meetings and gradually getting his physical strength back, albeit it slowly.
- Elinor Bell: Doing quite well, using a walker, a little weight able to be applied to the foot and enjoying the phone calls that people make.
- Gwen Bastedo: It was great to have Gwen back with us last Sunday. Please continue to pray for the Lord’s complete healing of Gwen, Elinor and Terry.
- Coastal Missions and Ron Browne: Please continue to pray for services that will be held for Roy Getman’s brother Frank, Tom Maxie’s brother and Ron Browne’s wife Brenda.