I hope you all were blessed as much as I was by last Sunday’s Easter Service. Jurgen delivered a message that we need to keep in our hearts and minds every day. Resurrection day is the foundation of our Christian Faith. Add to that the singing was beautiful. So much enthusiasm and such beautiful voices. Praising the Lord with hymns of Praise and Thanks for the Lord’s sacrifice for each one of us.
- The silver-haired head is a crown of glory, If it is found in the way of righteousness.
Five tips for staying young
- Your mind is not old, keep developing it.
- Your humour is not over, keep enjoying it.
- Your strength is not gone, keep using it.
- Your opportunities have not vanished, keep pursuing them.
- God is not dead, keep seeking Him.
- Wisdom belongs to the aged, and understanding to the old,” says
“You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream.” C.S. Lewis
“Those who love deeply never grow old, they may die of old age, but they die young.” Ben Franklin
Remember, old folks are worth a fortune-they have silver in their hair, gold in their teeth, stones in their kidneys, lead in their feet and gas in their stomachs.
Where: 7th Day Adventist Church 3441 Gibbons Rd, Duncan
When: Sunday Apr 17, 2022
- 10:00 am Breaking of Bread
- 11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Mark Andrade
Homework: Read the first 18 Chapters of Matthew. This will be covered this Sunday as well as May 8th and 15th
Prayer and Praise
- Frank Timmermans: Will have the final report on his procedure next Friday 29th, Is going in for an MRI Sunday morning at 8am so may not make it to chapel.
- Anne Suais: Her days are up and down today feeling pretty good while yesterday not so much. One problem is not feeling like eating and when she does she feels nauseated afterwards. Anne is going to attempt to attend a niece’s memorial service tomorrow so will need to gather up all her strength to do that. Anne took a walk around her cul-de-sac today.
- John Neuendorf: reports that the situation between his Mother, (Dorothea) and Bill has improved immensely and John is feeling comfortable with the change.
- We do have others that need our prayers: Faye Mackie, Penny Watt, Joan Tillotson, Terry & Lois, Korky van Kreuningen and Barb Peake.
I have not heard anything this last week from the contractor but the ladies gathered and after Sherilyn did a great deal of online research the committee made decisions on the kitchen appliances and they have been ordered from Merit furniture and Appliances. It will be a few weeks or months before they arrive and Merit will hold them for us until we need them.
Doug, Barb and I will be travelling to Victoria tomorrow to check out a baby grand piano to consider for the chapel. A further report will be forthcoming after we have a good look at it and consider whether it fits our needs.
There will be a gathering in the next couple of weeks to review flooring and paint options.
I would like to thank Charmaine R., Eleanor van K, Reeny T, Barb P. and Sherilyn V for making what I believe is an informed decision.
Let me know about any prayer requests.Jack Peake