This post will cover 2 weeks because Barb and I will be away.
Philippians 4 :4 -7
- Rejoice in the Lord always, Again I will say, rejoice!
- Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
- Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God’
- and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Verse 4 talks about Rejoicing always. Not an easy thing to do. When the Devil attacks and the hurts come as humans we can easily find ourselves feeling pity and depression but the reminder is repeated. “Rejoice, Again I say Rejoice. When Jesus repeats things it’s to draw our human minds to the instruction. So let’s find the positives in whatever happens and Rejoice!
Verse 5 reminds us that gentleness is the order of the day. Whatever the situation or the behavior of the person, “gentleness” will improve matters far easier and quicker than the irritation that so easily comes along. Others respond better to kindness and gentleness than harshness and upset no matter what the situation is. Gentleness!
Verse 6 is that constant reminder to eliminate anxiousness and worry from our life. Now I know that is easier said than done. My suggestion is that when these feelings occur that’s the time to turn to our faithful Savior in prayer. It’s very difficult to stay anxious and worry while you turn the situation over to the Lord Jesus Christ. Prayer!
Verse 7 sums everything up with the peace of God that will certainly be part of our life if we allow God to interact with us. Thanksgiving!
Where: 321 Brae Rd, Duncan
When: Sunday August 27, 2022
- 10:00 am Breaking of Bread
- 11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Norm Nicholson
- New roof is now on with new shingles that are a wonderful match to the old ones that remained in place on 3 faces of the roof.
- Electrician starts on Monday to finish wiring the Kitchen and Fellowship hall.
- The kitchen now has a skylight right above the kitchen side of the pass through as well as all new vents on two ridges of the roof.
- The Plumber should begin within a week, followed by drywalling.
I think the best chance of having the rest of our building back is the end of September with the aim of being back for the Oct 9th Thanksgiving service. Which could be a very special service. God Knows.
God’s blessings on you all.