As we approach the end of another month in 2022 I am sure many of you are like me and wondering where the time goes. Each day comes and goes, things get done much of the usual responsibilities and housekeeping duties and then it’s over. Scripture tells us that in God’s time a year is like a day so we can understand how our fleeting time on earth flies by. The book of Hebrews is something we can “Hang our Hat on” when it comes to dealing with life’s passing and how we as Christians can make the best of each passing moment.
I’m going to just touch on a few things from a devotional that was shared by a friend. The book of Hebrews has come to a climax in chapter 10. All the way through, the focus, the spotlight has been upon Jesus. He has opened for us “a new and life-giving way” to the Father.
Hebrews 10:19 – 25
- Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
- by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body,
- and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
- let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
- Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
- And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,
- not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Hebrews 10:20. No works, no human priest, not just hoping God hears and answers prayer. In verses 19-21 there are two facts: Jesus is our eternal High Priest, and through His work we can confidently come before God in the Most Holy Place. Because of that, we are to act. Verse 22 exhorts us to come into the presence of our God clean and pure, without any lingering sin/ Hold fast to God’s book, the BIBLE with its promises and truths. We must let His truth be our stability in difficult times. Think of ways to motivate one another. This is a command and the author is not through yet. Verse 25 says “Let us not neglect our meeting together” Being with fellow believers is both an encouragement and a blessing. We need the fellowship of like minded people to keep our faith strong and our well being safe. Encouragement is something that’s needed more and more in the body as the time of Jesus’ imminent return draws nearer. verse 25. Why? Because as
2 Timothy 3:1 tells us
- But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
Those perilous, savage times are the days in which we live. Even our religious freedom is under attack. When we leave our assembly of believers, we move into a perilous country, where society does not name the name of Christ and does not love His cause. We become targets when we make known our Faith. The church is a place we need to assemble for the purpose of encouragement. As we gather, let’s remember it’s an opportunity to worship and encourage.
Where: 321 Brae Rd, Duncan
When: Sunday July 17, 2022
- 10:00 am Breaking of Bread
- 11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Jurgen Schulz
Please as stay behind after the service for a financial update as well as a report from Doug on the Chapel structure.
Praise God for getting us back in the Sanctuary.
- The kitchen area is coming along with a new roof expected to be applied this coming week, followed by an electrician etc.
- there will be a short meeting after services this Sunday to bring everyone up to date on the chapel’s finances and some practical information from Doug.
- Remember if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call me. 250-510-4299