Musings on God’s Word
This is an important week in the life of our Chapel. We will be celebrating the restoration of our facility and Praising God For His goodness. Last Sunday night was a wonderful time of praising the Lord in song. Our Hymn Sing was very well attended and a wonderful time of fellowship followed in our fellowship Hall.
Psalm 34: 8 & 9
- Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
- Oh, Fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him.
We certainly have much to be thankful for when we think of the condition our building was in right after the fire and what we have to enjoy today. I was thinking about the world and it’s view of things that happen in their favor. Coincidence or something like that. God watches over us and cares about us. No matter what happens to us as individuals or corporately we can depend on God’s control in our lives. Our future is with Him and He has prepared the way for us.
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Our Hope is in the Lord. Praise God!
- Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,”
Blessings beyond anything we could imagine. Our chapel has received just such blessings. When the fire occurred I, and I imagine some of you, was taken aback by such an event but as we look back we can see clearly God’s hand in the whole event. Many things we would have liked to do have come to us through the unexpected event. Thanks be to God. I trust we can all agree with
- Blessed are the undefiled in the way, Who walk in the law of the Lord!
- Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, Who seek Him with the whole heart
We must strive to follow these commands from our Lord. Finally I would say as
Proverbs 16:3 says
- Commit your works to the Lord, And your thoughts will be established.”
Now the challenge for us all as a “body of believers” is to take the gift we have received and use it for the spreading of the Gospel and for the Lord’s glory. God bless us and lead us in this way.
When: Sunday Mar 19, 2023
09:00 am Breaking of Bread
10:15 am Fellowship Time Cancelled remain in the sanctuary & foyer unless you are helping in some way for the luncheon.
11:00 am Dedication & Celebration
Speaker: Dale Stewart, Chet McArthur, Mike Millard, & Mark Andrade
- Each speaker has been given 10 minutes on a specific topic.
- There will be special guests recognized.
- The service will be followed by a cold plate luncheon to which everyone is invited.
- coffee fellowship time cancelled
- There will be chairs and tables needing to be rearranged and various other things to happen.
- With the numbers expected to attend at the 11am service be prepared for a full sanctuary.
- There will likely be a need to share hymn books.
Only a couple of things left to do.
- Replace the emergency door by the grand piano and a new deck and set of steps outside that door.
We are at the end, Praise the Lord.
Items of maintenance and upgrade we need to consider. These will be up for discussion in the near future.
- Our Driveway and back parking lot need tidying up. A machine to level things off and some loads of good gravel.
- The front grass needs to be changed out with something more practical. Gravel, large rocks, drought hardy shrubs or whatever seems relevant and a good practical plan.
- We just received a donation of library books and hymn books.
- The hymn books will be used in the Fellowship hall particularly for Keenagers.
- As for the library books. Some have been placed on the shelves and some were eliminated entirely due to being unsuitable.
- Should any of you find a book in the Library that you feel is unsuitable please let one of us know so that we can ensure our Library is stocked with good quality reading.
My wife and I have just read a Billy Graham book titled “Storm Warning” written many decades ago but oh so relevant.
God’s blessings on you all.