First of all this is my second writing. The first one disappeared when I hit the wrong button.
The following is a poem that hangs on our fridge and I thought I would share it with you.
He’s All You Need by Steve Camp
When you’re alone, and your heart is torn, He is all you need.
When you’re confused and your soul is bruised, He is all you need.
He’s the rock of your soul, He’s the anchor that holds you through desperate times
When your way is unsure, His love will endure and peace you will find.
Through all your years, The joy, the tears. HE IS ALL YOU NEED
Hebrews 13:15 reminds us.
- By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
Psalm 98:4 exhorts us to
- Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
Where: 7th Day Adventist Church 3441 Gibbons Rd, Duncan
When: Sunday May 15, 2022
- 10:00 am Breaking of Bread
- 11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Mark Andrade (he will continue his messages from the first 18 chapters of Matthew)
Prayer and Praise
- Christiana McLaughlin: The Lord has answered our prayers. When she visited the specialist on Tuesday he told her her surgery date will be moved up. She will hopefully be looking at knee surgery sometime after the next six weeks. Continue to keep her and Don in your prayers as she keeps exercising in preparation for the surgery.
- John Stegeman: passed away this morning at 7:30 am with Christa at his side. Please pray for strength and peace for Christa at this time.
Frank Timmermans: Continue to pray as he considers his options for ongoing treatment of the remnants of esophageal cancer.
Anne Suais: as she continues to deal with severe back pain. Anne has been given a hospital bed in order for her to try and get real bed rest as she has been spending all her time in her lift chair. That has caused bed sores which are being treated as we speak.
Penny Watt: underwent surgery to repair the deterioration of the primary joint in her thumb on her left hand. This will require a year of time to properly heal and rehab.
Continue to pray for all of our members as our ages show us the deterioration of time on our bodies as we await the heavenly bodies some day.
- Please let me know of anyone or anything that needs our prayerful attention.
While Barb and I were unable to attend services last Sunday it is a blessing to hear how the Lord blessed and led in the services.
As for the chapel building itself, work is underway. Praise the Lord.
- Flooring is picked and being costed.
- Carpenter has begun dismantling in order to replace.
- Art, Doug, and Korky are working on some minor upgrades to the sanctuary particularly around the platform.
- There is a possibility we will be back in the sanctuary by the end of June should all things go well while the balance of restoration is finished probably in Sept or October.
There is much to be done, finances to figure but it is all in the Lord’s hands and our faith in Him is strong.
if you have any questions please feel free to phone me anytime 250-510-4299 Jack
God’s blessings on you all.JACK PEAKE