How often have we heard the expression “What’s in a Name?” I’m sure like me it has come to your attention more than once. When you think about that phrase we are reminded of people whose family name has been besmirched or their own personal surname has been tarnished. These two things happen, either through their own actions or the accusations, true or false, of someone else. Company names become devalued due to poor products or poor service or a combination of both. In any case names are important to us all and some more than others. It can occur quite easily when actions or behavior is poor and we fail to recognize how actions without consideration of consequences can destroy a reputation.
With that thought in mind let us consider the only name that is pure and perfect. The name of “Jesus”. While man besmirches our Saviours name the name itself is clean and pure.
Matthew 1:21 Mary was advised
- you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins
John 16:23 tells us
- If you ask the Father anything in my name He will give it to you
Acts 4:12 tells us
- And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
- For Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved !
- For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
- Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
So we can see there is something in a name. But, only one. Jesus. His blood can save us and keep us from sin. The name Jesus is perfection. There is no name on earth that can even come close to the name of Jesus. No matter how important one is or famous or rich, Jesus is the only name that matters.
Where: 321 Brae Rd, Duncan
When: Sunday Oct 16, 2022
10:00 am Breaking of Bread
11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Mike Millard
Not a lot new to report.
- The drywall is hung in the kitchen and fellowship hall.
- Mudding and plumbing should begin this week along with the replacement of the emergency door by the piano. Next year’s insurance coverage is properly applied for and will be renewed in December.
- A new deck will be installed on the back of the kitchen
- 20 more hymn books have been ordered.
- Contractor has indicated he believes we can be back in the entire building before the 19th of November.
Ladies Bible Study
Where: 202-380 Brae Rd, Duncan BC
When: Friday Oct 21, 2022
Contact Information: Eleanor Bell-Jones 250-746-5446
See you all on Sunday