1 Thessalonians 5: 23 – 28
- Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
- Brethren, pray for us.
- Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss.
- I charge you by the lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren.
- The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
Now I know we probably won’t be greeting each other with kisses or maybe not even hugs but our greetings should be full of love and caring for one another. As we meet we need to be of one mind and body fulfilling the word of God in word and deed. Our group has been going through some difficult times these days but have remained faithful to God’s teaching. Let us continue to do so and look forward to the day of fulfillment in God’s grace and mercy. I for one have been so encouraged by the care and consideration of each of you for one another. May God’s blessings continue to rest upon you all.
Where: 7th Day Adventist Church 3441 Gibbons Rd, Duncan
When: Sunday Jun 5, 2022
- 10:00 am Breaking of Bread
- 11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Dale Stewart
Note: Remember this is the 1st Sunday of the Month and therefore two offerings will be received.
- 1st: our normal regular offering.
- 2nd: special projects and for the balance of 2022 it will go to the chapels building fund. This will ensure enough funds to cover additional items being done in conjunction with the insurance claim work. We will be paying for the fencing, additional electrical work, a bit of the flooring costs, dishwashers, some woodworking etc.
Prayers and Praise
- Don McLaughlin: the flare up of his hives, with the wise council of the ER Doctor, Don will hopefully see improvement.
- Christiana: for her limited walking due to the problem with the left knee
- Frank Timmermans: the situation with his esophagus and other limiting ailments. Reeny for peace and comfort.
- Wia Francis: for reduced pain and quick healing of her shingles.
- Faye Mackie: with a variety of ailments and for Ian as he cares for Faye
- Vera Cairns: as she is back to square one with both legs now having been operated on and the 3 month recuperation period
- Anne Suais: for her ongoing limited mobility and associated discomforts.
- Trusses for kitchen are on site and new walls in kitchen are up. Trusses may have been raised today, if not tomorrow.
- More stucco and damaged infrastructure are being removed in order to move forward.
- Most of the new fencing is up with one section only to go.
- Chairs will be shipped around June 28th for arrival the following week.
- Electrical work is underway including an upgrade to a 200 watt panel.
- Drywall is on site waiting for the drywallers to get started./li>
We are moving forward and God willing our first service back in our sanctuary may be July 10th.
Hilda de Haans: June 17th would have been her 88th birthday. Her daughter, Jinny, has invited Hilda’s friends to a celebration. All are welcome.
- Friday June 17th: potluck dinner beginning at 4pm until whenever.
- Saturday June 18th: potluck lunch 10am – 2pm
Location: 6273 Meadow Park Crescent, Duncan.
RSVP if you plan to attend 250-246-7587
God’s blessings on you all.JACK PEAKE