Dear Brae Road family: Here is this weeks “Happenings” bring us to the end of 2021.
There will be no services this Sunday Jan. 2nd 2022. After due consideration it was felt the weather and ground conditions did not lend themselves well to safe travel and walking. Therefore it was decided to cancel this Sunday’s service. We felt is was better to take the cautious route rather than put anyone at risk of injury.
Lord willing Jan. 9th 2022 we will be holding our regular services again. Thanks for you patience and consideration.
There is very little to report regarding members health.
- It with sadness that I report the passing of Coastal Missions member Frank Getman, husband of Petunia. He passed away at 7pm on Dec. 28th at CDH.
- Terry and Lois continue to rest and recover at home as they contemplate the New Year
- Linda Sked is staying focused and gaining strength from daily readings
- Anne Suais is resting comfortably at home with her daughter Carol keeping her company
- Sherilyn is slowly recouping from her bout with shingles and sees improvement each day.
- I have no updates at this time on Mike Millard, Barb Trowbridge or Elinor Bell
A few of us were able to attend Hilda de Haan’s service today and enjoyed the memories of family members and the very poignant message provided by Mark Andrade. You will find below a link to the service on You tube provided by the Timmermans.
Barb and I would like to wish each and everyone of you a very Happy and God Blessed New Year. 2021 has been a year of unexpected events both from health issues and the fire damage to our chapel. We pray that God will guide each one of us into the next year and that our chapel will soon be under repair and the health of members will continue to improve. Should there be something that you would like to share with our chapel family please let me know and I can include it in the weekly report.
As we ponder what the new year holds let us consider –
2 Corinthians verses 16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
That’s it for this time, have a God blessed weekend and we will see each other soon, either here on earth or with our heavenly Father
God Bless Jack