Musings on God’s Word
As I sit to write to you this week I can’t help but think of the many people around the world suffering from mistreatment, sadness, death and without basic needs and most of all without peace in their lives. However there is peace available to all. The peace that comes from the knowledge of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.
So I looked in the dictionary and found the following meaning, for peace.
“quiet, tranquility, mental calm, serenity and freedom from or cessation of war”
These are possibilities if we look at the world through the eyes of people in general. We have also heard the quote “Peace in our Time”. Of that we’ve seen very little. We are familiar with the wars going on of one kind or another and lack of peace within families, amongst friends and neighbours and certainly between two cultures.
So! How do we find peace?
There is only one source of peace and that’s faith in the death and resurrection of our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ.
- Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Who is the “him” and “he” referring to in this passage? It’s you and me of course. If we have placed our complete faith and trust in our Saviour then “peace” should be the outcome of that decision. Our peace is dependent on our relationship with our Saviour. It would be like throwing a life saving device to a drowning person who then refuses to take hold and be rescued. The Saviour is our life saver. We can have peace in the midst of turmoil or whatever is going on, if our trust is placed in Jesus.
We often think of peace as described by the world. Sadly it is mostly unattainable.
On the other hand John is clear.
- “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
- I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For you alone, O Lord make me dwell in safety.
David experienced much turmoil in his life but he knew where to turn during those times.
- Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through the Lord Jesus Christ
Our Savior knows exactly what we need anytime night or day. Place your complete faith and trust in Him and let the peace of God cover you.
- These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
The King James translation of the Bible used the word peace 429 times. This tells me of the high importance of the word and how we need to depend on our Faith in God, and our trust in the Lord Jesus to bring us the peace we all long for.
2 Thessalonians 3:16
- Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all.
I don’t believe it could be said any better. As we pray for peace let us remain steadfast in our faith to allow God to bring peace to our hearts no matter what is going on around us.
When: Sunday Oct 22, 2023
09:00 am Breaking of Bread
10:15 am Fellowship Time
11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Dale Steward from Westview in Victoria
Country Grocer Receipts
- We’ve turned in our first batch of Country Grocer receipts for which we received two $50 gift cards for use at Country Grocer. That comes from the value of the receipts adding up to $10,000. Thanks to chapel families shopping at Country Grocer.
- These gift cards will be used to purchase supplies for the kitchen – milk, cream, cookies etc.
- Please keep leaving your receipts in the plastic container on the kitchen table. Sherilyn will tabulate them and one of us will take them in to receive the gift cards.
- We do spend a good deal on milk, cream, paper plates etc., which these cards can go a long way to mitigate the cost.