Musings on God’s Word
I have a couple of things I want to share with you today and I hope they will bless you like they did me.
First, I was looking in my Bible that I received on my birthday as a 21-year-old. It has many interesting handwritten items in the flyleaf, but one jumped out at me and brought back a memory of a very interesting event.
I have an autograph from a Capt. Mitsuo Fuchida. He was the Japanese man that led the attack on Pearl Harbor. After the war he was in contact with a missionary who ultimately led him to the Lord. He had always felt a sense of guilt over the attack but as with most Japanese and other countries’ military he carried out what was asked of him by his country. Below his Signature he referred to
- “Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment and cast lots.”
The second item I would like to share with you is a friend’s posting on facebook.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
- in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
T ake God at His word……
R est in His promises….
U nderstand He loves you
S ing His praise…
T ake one day at a time
“It is no secret what God can do, what He’s done for others He’ll do for you, with arms wide open He’ll pardon you for it is no secret what God can do.”
When: Sunday Feb 26, 2023
09:00 am Breaking of Bread
10:15 am Fellowship Time
11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Dale Stewart
We are getting very close to full completion. Some things that still need to be done are;
- The backsplash in the kitchen will be completed on Saturday the 25th of Feb, which will bring us to the end of kitchen work.
- The folding dividing wall between the sanctuary and the library
- The rebuilding of the emergency doors by the piano.
The chapel is seeing increased use.
We had our first Keenagers which was very successful. The next one will be on April 20th. You’ll hear much more about this after the special service on March 19th. We are also seeing the ladies back at the chapel on Friday mornings at 10am as well as a few men meeting on Tuesday morning and using the library quiet area.
Memorial Service for Olive Scott
When: Sat Feb 25th, at 1pm
Where: Central Baptist Church 833 Pandora Ave, Victoria, BC
SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAYJACK PEAKE