Musings on God’s Word
Well hasn’t this been an interesting couple of weeks. Cancelled services due to snow. Thought we were finished with that. Oh well we know that each day is a new day and one never knows what it will bring.
I’m going to share something one of our members shared with me as I was blessed by it and think we all can see the wisdom of it.
“A churchgoer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. The letter read as follows:” I’ve gone to church for 30 years now. In that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can’t remember a single one of them. So, I think I’m wasting my time, and the pastors are wasting their time.”
This evoked many responses to the editor over the next while until someone wrote the following clincher.
“I’ve been married for 30 years now. In that time, my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this: They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!”
Quite often people downplay the importance of church attendance simply because it doesn’t give them the “spiritual high” they’re looking for each and every week. But church doesn’t exist to make you feel good. It exists to glorify God!
Stay in church; learn and grow with other believers. While you might not remember everything, you can be sure that if you have a willing heart, you’re being transformed in Christ’s likeness! The following Scripture was also quoted so I will Share it.
Romans 12:4 & 5
- For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5) so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.
- also tells us “not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching”.
When: Sunday Mar 5, 2023
9:00 am Breaking of Bread
Note: 2nd offering this month — Duncan Christian School to help students facing financial difficulties
10:15 am Fellowship Time
11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Chet McArthur
Pretty much finished.
- The only work left to be done is to replace the emergency door by the piano which is our request at our cost.
- I will be meeting with the contractor’s superintendent this week to go over things to ensure all work that was expected is done or will be.
- Probably some minor paint touchup still to come but that’s about it.
Events – Check the calendar
SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAYJACK PEAKE