The Lord is slow to anger and great in power, And will not at all acquit the wicked. The Lord has His way In the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet.
I want to share a story with you that talks about the storms of life that can and do afflict one and all.
William Cowper could attest to storms. He was facing numerous crisis in his life which drove him to thoughts of suicide. Finally one bleak morning William decided to end it all by taking poison. The attempt failed. He then hired a vehicle to drive him to the Thames river intendingF to throw himself in. However he found himself “strangely restrained.” The next day he fell on a sharp knife but the blade broke. He later tried to hang himself but was found and taken down unconscious but still alive. Some time later he took up a Bible, began to read the book of Romans and was gloriously saved. The God of the storms had pursued him unto the end and won his heart. This was followed by a rich life of Christian experiences. He put his experiences into a hymn which many of us will know.
God Moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm
Deep in unsearchable mines
of never-failing skill
He treasures up His bright designs
And works His sovereign will
Chorus: And ye fearful saints, fresh courage take
The clouds you so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings, yeah, in blessings
And in blessings on your head, On your head.
Judge not the Lord by feeble sense
But trust Him for His grace
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face
His purposes will ripen fast
Unfolding every hour
The bud may have a bitter taste
But sweet will be the flower
Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain
For God is His own interpreter
And He will make it plain
In His own time In His own way.
I have said many times that there are those unbelievers who have been saved from disaster, protected from death and moved in directions that they are not aware of, this in order to save them for the day of their Salvation. Praise the Lord! His ways are not our ways.
Where: 7th Day Adventist Church 3441 Gibbons Rd, Duncan
When: Sunday June 19, 2022
- 10:00 am Breaking of Bread
- 11:00 am Family Bible Hour
Speaker: Mark Andrade
Ladies Bible Study
Bible study and prayer time wrapped up this week at Atti Terpstra’s house. The ladies hope to get together for a time of fellowship sometime over the summer. A time and place to be determined. It may be short notice.
- Is moving forward with renewed vigor this week,
- Trusses are up over the kitchen,
- Sheeting and roofing paper should be up in the next day.
- Drywallers and mudders due this week.
- Carpeting is scheduled to be installed beginning on the 27th of June,
- Chairs should be received the week of July 4th to 9th.
- There may be small tasks not fully completed, however, that won’t hinder things.
- The old folding room dividers are now gone.
- I’m just finishing up refinishing some pieces of furniture such as the pulpit and two tables.
- Fencing should be completed early next week.
- A lot of painting in the sanctuary has been done, with more to come.
- Roofing is scheduled over the next couple of weeks.
- Some electrical work has been done with more to come.
- No plumbing yet.
- Our goal is to be able to hold services in the facility as early as July 10th
- The balance of the fellowship area will not be available until Sep, or Oct.
- Our contractor has moved some sub trades off another job in order to try and get at least the primary part of the building done.
- Please pray for a speedy completion.
God’s blessings on you all.